Please read details below to know more.
· Last Updated Date: 25th March 2020
What personal information do we collect from the people that visit our website or app?
When registering on our app as appropriate, you may be asked to enter your name, email address, personal details (gender, about yourself, photograph), mailing address, credit card information or other details to help you with your experience. We also collect video and images of you or other people when you use the app to record your bowling and statistics and other information calculated from those images and videos (for example, the speed you bowled at, date, location etc).
If you wish to share any of your images or videos (including the additional information calculated by Machineroad) via social media or other means, then we may collect your social media details in order to facilitate this.
Any credit card details you provide in connection with your account are sent directly to our third party payment provider. We do not permanently retain your credit card details.
We (and our third party service providers, such as Google) also collect technical information whenever you log onto the app or visit our public website. This includes information about the way users arrive at, browse through and interact with our public website or app and/or details of your device when you’re using, such as Device IDs, call state, network access, storage information and battery information (“Technical Information”). We may collect this type of technical information through the use of “cookies”, pixel tags and other means. Cookies are alphanumeric identifiers that we transfer to your computer’s hard drive to enable our system to recognise your browser. If you want to disable these cookies, you may do so by changing the settings on your browser. However, if you disable cookies, you may not be able to use all the functions on our public website.
Personal information about other people
Don’t record any other people using the app unless you have their permission. And make sure you have their permission again, before you share any information about them on social media or other platforms, including images or videos where they are visible.
Take particular care when using the app to record information about children. Do not record any images or videos of children under the age of 14 (or share those images or videos on social media) without the express prior consent of their parents.
When do we collect information?
We collect information from you when you register on our app, start using the app, record yourself or others bowling, share any images or video created using the app
When interacting with our app or browsing our public website, Technical Information (as explained above in “what personal information do we collect”) is automatically collected from your device or web browser.
How do we use your information?
We may use such information in the following ways:
- To personalize each user’s experience and to allow us to deliver the type of content and product offerings in which you are most interested.
- To improve our app in order to better serve you and other users.
- To allow us to better service you in responding to your customer service requests.
- To administer a contest, promotion, survey or other site feature.
- To send periodic emails regarding your order or other products and services.
- To identify other categories of people who may be interested in Machineroad for the purposes of making advertising and marketing information available to them and contacting them via email, instant message or SMS, social media, search engines and other methods.
How do we protect personal information?
Our app is scanned on a regular basis for security holes and known vulnerabilities in order to make it as safe as possible. We also use regular Malware Scanning.
Your personal information is either stored locally on your device or contained behind secured networks and is only accessible by a limited number of persons who have special access rights to such systems, and are required to keep the information confidential. In addition, all sensitive/credit information you supply is encrypted in transit via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology.
Third party Links
Occasionally, we may include or offer third party products or services on our app. These third-party sites have separate and independent privacy policies. We therefore have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of our app and welcome any feedback about these sites.
Transfer of Your Personal Information
Your information, including personal information, may be transferred to — and maintained on — computers located outside of your state, province, country or other governmental jurisdiction where the data protection laws may differ than those from your jurisdiction. Data protection laws vary among countries, with some providing more protection than others. Regardless of where your information is processed, we apply the same protections described in this policy.
Our headquarters are in Auckland, New Zealand and our primary servers are located in Sydney, Australia. By using the app or visiting our website, your personal information will be transferred to these locations.
Disclosure of Your Personal Information
If we are involved in a merger, acquisition or asset sale, your personal information may be disclosed to the acquirer as part of that transaction. We will provide notice before your personal information is disclosed .
We may also disclose any of the personal information we hold if we have a good-faith belief that it is necessary to:
· meet any applicable law, regulation, legal process, or enforceable law enforcement or governmental request;
· detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security, or technical issues; or
· protect against harm to the rights, property or safety of Machineroad, our users, or the public as required or permitted by law.
We will inform you when we disclose information in respect of one of the above requests, except where doing so is prohibited by law.
Retention of Your Personal Information
Your rights in respect of your personal information
You have the right to access the personal information we hold about you. Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to obtain a copy.
You also have the right to correct information we hold about you that is incorrect. Please let us know anything we’ve got wrong by emailing email@example.com.
Additional rights under General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
We are a Data Controller of your personal information.
- We need to perform a contract with you, such as when you purchase a subscription from us
- You have given us permission to do so
- The processing is in our legitimate interests and it’s not overridden by your rights (for example, it is in our legitimate interests to process the images and videos of you bowling, in order to provide you with data and metrics about your bowling (e.g. speed) and to improve the accuracy and performance of our app)
- For payment processing purposes
- To comply with the law
If you are a resident of the European Economic Area (EEA), you have certain data protection rights. In certain circumstances, you have the following data protection rights:
- The right to access, update or to delete the personal information we have on you
- The right of rectification
- The right to object
- The right of restriction
- The right to data portability
- The right to withdraw consent
Please note that we may ask you to verify your identity before responding to such requests.
You have the right to complain to a Data Protection Authority about our collection and use of your personal information. For more information, please contact your local data protection authority in the European Economic Area (EEA).
We employ third party companies and individuals to facilitate our app (“Service Providers”), to provide our app on our behalf, to perform app-related services or to assist us in analyzing how our app is being used. These third parties have access to your personal information only to perform these tasks on our behalf and are obligated not to disclose or use it for any other purpose.
o We rely on our Service Provider [Microsoft Azure’s servers]
- Google Analytics is a web analytics service offered by Google that tracks and reports website traffic. Google uses the data collected to track and monitor the use of our Service. This data is shared with other Google services. Google may use the collected data to contextualize and personalize the ads of its own advertising network.
For more information on the privacy practices of Google, please visit the Google Privacy & Terms web page: http://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/
- Access processors:
Using Auth0 Using below logins to access the website
o Access to Facebook Account
o Access to login Via Instagram Account
o Access to login via Twitter Account
o Access to login via Google Account
- Payments processors
We use third-party services for payment processing (e.g. payment processors).
We are Machineroad Limited, a company registered in New Zealand with its registered office in Auckland.